Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 20 Daybook

FOR TODAY: June 20
Outside my window... a man was playing a flute this morning.
I am thinking... of how funny it is that I accidentally celebrated Father's Day a week early. :) This morning Ellie and I said to Franklin, "Happy real Father's Day."
I am thankful for... floss.
From the kitchen... for lunch: rice, lentils, and spinach. for supper: chicken dumpling soup.
I am wearing... a housedress, called a maxi here.
I am creating... a new blog post.
I am going... to teach English later today.
I am reading... a great book on the history of the first few years of BD called A Legacy of Blood. Not a very nice title, but great history!
I am hoping... that a storm comes to cool the weather down, but not until after my clothes have dried.
I am hearing... the whirr of the fan.
Around the house... Ellie is running around with a headband across her eyes telling us over and over that she is wearing glasses.
One of my favorite things... is listening to all the ways Ellie is putting her words together.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...a Father's Day breakfast in bed served a week early.


I saw this idea for the Daybook at this website. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if I did this a few times a week, not necessarily on a blog, but even in my own notebook. Then years from now I could look back and remember all the small joys and challenges life is bringing me in this stage of my life.

No comments: