Sunday, June 6, 2010

Jerseys, Eczema, and Last One


Ellie is learning about putting on clothes and taking off clothes. She doesn't just choose her own clothes, though. I think she finds it easier to put on her daddy's colorful jerseys.

If you look closely in the above picture, you can see on Ellie's neck and eyes that she's been having an eczema outbreak. Poor Ellie! It has been itching her so bad! We took her to the doctor when we were in the capital and she said the heat may have caused it to act up. We've been diligent in putting on meds and cream, and it's starting to look a bit better. I'm hoping that the heat, which is not going away any time soon, won't cause more problems.

The color in the above picture is weird, but I like Ellie's smile, so I am still posting it.

Yesterday when Ellie woke up from her nap, I was playing with Ellie where she's the mama. Basically, I whine and cry like she does (which is very rare, of course), and see what she does. This was the first time she really caught on to the game... she brought me a bottle of water and pretended to give me some, she read me a book, she hugged and kissed me. Then she started cooking feverishly using a pillow as her stove. All the pots and pans and food were in her imagination. She would pretend to eat some, then she'd give me some. I said, "More." Just like she does. And just like she does, I said it over and over and over. Finally, she put her two pointer fingers up, and paused. I could tell she was thinking. Then she looked at me and said, "Last one!" Hahaha. Guess where she's heard that before!

No comments: