Friday, March 16, 2012

In the Village

It was fun to go back to the village and see all the people who we spent so much time with four years ago. I especially love spending time with the children I spent a great deal of my time with. It's crazy how quickly kids grow!



Once we got to the village, we had a pretty relaxing day.

We saw all the changes in the village house, including the new pet bird.


We enjoyed conversations and the breeze while looking at the beautiful view.


Ellie had a great time running around with the other kids.



 And, of course, hospitality in this country always includes food.



The highlight for everyone from the village was meeting Abraham. I think he felt a bit over-loved.



We had many good conversations and were able to catch up on the latest news. The funniest memory for me, though, will be after my head scarf scooted back so some of my hair was showing, one of the girls started looking at my hair. I didn't think anything of it, assuming she was seeing if I put enough oil in my hair since she was the one who taught me how to do it. Then, she said, "I'm going to pull." And all of a sudden I felt one of my hairs pulled out! She had found a gray hair. All the kids laughed. Then they laughed again when I took a picture of the hair because I thought it was so funny!


What a privilege to have close enough relationships to people in this country that they feel like they can pluck my gray hairs!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Now that's honesty and love. I hope to have friends that honest, perhaps not that blunt though. ;)
-C