Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cooking a Peacock.

Hahaha. I bet you are wondering what that picture has to do with cooking a peacock!

Last night I was trying to read a book, and Ellie kept going on and on and on about wanting to cook a peacock. She was showing me how she would hit it with her wooden flute, then how she'd put it in a fire, and then eat it. (Just in case you think I teach my daughter weird things, I should let you know that this is probably a combination of her seeing the peacock at the zoo and reading the book The Tawny, Scrawny Lion... we don't really kill peacocks with wooden flutes and then eat them after cooking them over fire.)

After the fifteenth time of getting these enthusiastic directions, I propped up Holly the cat, who I figured had nothing better to do, to receive these very important instructions.

Just to let you know, though, if you are ever in need of learning how to cook a peacock, Ellie can help. :)

No comments: