Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homemade Ravioli

About five years ago, I tried making homemade pasta and it was a disaster. I decided to try again recently because I kept coming across the recipe for ravioli and lasagna pasta as I flipped through my cookbook. I miss ravioli, so one day I decided to try making pasta again.

Step 1. After mixing and letting it sit, you roll it out and cut it. It's so humid here that I used a ton of extra flour so they wouldn't stick together.



 Step 2. Later in the day (after storing the dough in the fridge) I put cheese and basil inside and then pushed a fork around the edges so all the goodness wouldn't come out while cooking.


Step 3. Boil and eat. I guess that's two steps. We ate ours with a packet of Alfredo Sauce we were sent. Yum. I was convinced that all the work was worth it. Franklin was not so impressed. :)


A week or two later, however, I used the same recipe to make lasagna pasta. My darling husband said it was the best food I've ever made... and then a few seconds later he added "in the last couple months." Hahaha. I will definitely be doing this again.

2 comments:

Charlotte and John said...

Great post. I can't imagine how good lasagna would be when made with homemade lasagna noodles. YUM!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed with your culinary skills. You've come a long way from green jello with cottage cheese in it!
-C