Friday, February 12, 2010

Moving.

Obviously, there are a million things involved in moving. I want to let you know that I tried to capture all of them with the camera. Lucky for you, I am only going to post a few photos. Unfortunately, in the future, I am sure I will force some poor soul to look at ALL the pictures with me...
In the meantime, I'll share a bit of our process with you. After a few days of putting things in suitcases, we set everything out on the lawn in front of the guest house where we'd been staying. We bought some of the furniture from there since it's closing down, and we owned no furniture. The picture below is at the beginning of putting everything out. I was too busy toward the end of the process to take a picture.

Once our stuff was out, two van garis arrived to transport our stuff to our new place. It's only about 1/2 mile down the road, so it wasn't too long of a trip. Check out how loaded up they get those things!


Ellie and I waited at the new place for our stuff to start arriving. Ellie was looking out of our new front veranda to see the big arrival.


Once our stuff was mostly moved, it was time to do a bit of work. Here's our live in carpenter. Don't you love how he stores a pencil in his hair!?


Aaaah! The work is all worth it. Franklin and I woke up the first morning in our new place and enjoyed a hot drink together before Ellie woke up. In case you are wondering, Franklin is drinking black coffee with sugar and I am drinking hot chocolate. And we are both using the mugs that I got Franklin for our 4th anniversary.

No comments: