Monday, June 10, 2013

New Bikes


When Ellie went with Franklin to pick up his new bike (which was supposed to be a replacement for his stolen bike, and was then stolen 10 days later even though it was being stored on the second floor in our locked stairwell) she saw a cute little girl's bike. She really wanted it, and we really wanted to get it for her, but we needed to save some money. So, we had Ellie save up too and do some extra chores. About a month later, Franklin and I went on a date night and when we were done with supper we went and got her bike for her to surprise her. The surprise was so much fun. She often asks me to tell her the story of the night of the surprise.

Well, Ellie's bike was a hit. Not just for Ellie, but for Abe, too. His tricycle just wasn't cutting it anymore, so the next day while I went on the roof to let Ellie ride her bike, Franklin took Abraham to get a big boy bike, too.


We wondered how he'd do on it, but it was no trouble at all. He pedals all around and steers as well.


Ellie took my phone to take some glamor shots of her bike.



She also took a picture of Franklin and I. I love having pictures of us together, but as I have well documented in this blog, Franklin is a spoil sport when it comes to pictures. Here's another one of his beautiful poses.


No comments: