Saturday, June 15, 2013

A persuasive letter


Our writing assignment last week for Language Arts was to write a persuasive letter. This is Ellie's letter that she dictated to me.
"Dear Daddy, You should go on a date with me. I'll take you to a place that you will like so much. We can go to Pizza Hut. We can eat pizza. You can eat mushroom pizza and pepperoni pizza. I am going to play with the other kids in the play area. It won't be hot inside. They have AC. I'll buy you something. Please buy me something, too, that is special. Then we'll go home and save some pizza for mom. Love, Eliana"

She made me stop so she could write "mom" on her own. Also, we unfortunately don't have a Pizza Hut in our own town, but we were heading to Dhaka the next day and they do have a Pizza Hut. :)

Since this persuasive letter, Ellie has written at least two others to her dad. One was to get him to make her some oatmeal, and the other was to go to the zoo. She wrote them by herself sounding out the words, and it's so fun to see her grow in this area!

No comments: