Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Failed Attempt

I saw a very cute idea for Father's Day on Facebook. Well, it's cute with my North American eyes... in cultures where showing the bottom of the feet is an insult, this idea may not be cute. Anyways, the idea is that you write on the feet some Father's Day greeting, then take a picture focused on the feet where you can see the faces in the background, even if they are blurred. So, my chosen greeting was, "Happy Father's Day, Daddy" with 2012 written underneath. Then, next year, I could do something similar with 2013 underneath. Here's my attempt.


Haha! Clearly this was not meant to be done with a three year old and a baby and a camera that takes forever to focus. Not usually one to give up too easily, I decided to go another route. I could take pictures of the feet individually.


 


Now, all I need to do is figure out how to combine these into one photo. I looked online (for way too long, way too late one night) and found out I either need to download a program like Picasa or something else. Anyone have any good ideas? I got it to be one image on Publisher, but what I want is one jpeg.
In the meantime, I'll just wait another year and see if the kids can sit still while I try to get my camera to focus.


1 comment:

Becky said...

If you could get a horizontal frame with vertical openings, you could put the pictures side by side and one could read it. That is what we do with the "D" "A" "D" photos we do for M each year. :)

Or you could hang a string and hang the photos on the string next to each other with clothes pins, etc. They would be readable that way, too.

Love ya!