Sunday, December 9, 2012

St. Nicholas Day 2012

St. Nick visited our house again on Dec 6... It's so nice of him to follow us around the world, so we can celebrate in different countries each year.

This year was different than other years, because Ellie was really trying to figure it out. I didn't want to lie to her and say that St. Nick was really going to come, but I didn't want to spell it out completely. So, in response to her questions, I asked her, "Do you think St. Nick really comes?" She laughed and said, "No." I said, "So who brings the presents?" She said, "People." I figured she got it then. Later, though, Franklin and I were chatting and it turns out she doesn't get it completely. One of the gifts she got was a watch and she said to her daddy, "I wonder if Uncle Mitch got this for me." Maybe next year she'll figure it all out. :)



A blurry reaction, but still you can see her happiness.


Playing with Abraham's sea creatures. (Mommy put toy cars on the shopping list, but upon return from the shopping trip, St. Nick had sea creatures instead of cars...)


Both Ellie and Franklin got watches. I'm not sure what Abe's facial expression means. Excitement? Disgust?


Ellie's fancy new barrettes... and those silly sea creatures again.


Happy St. Nicholas Day!

***Editor's note. I'm sure we have a horrible camera. I could not get a non-blurry photo... urgh. I'm absolutely certain it has nothing to do with the quality of the people taking the pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah. I always forget about St. Nicholas day until you write about it. The gifts were great that St. Nick brought. I don't think the kiddos minded not getting cars. :) Oh, it's ALWAYS the cameras problem. ;)