Friday, September 30, 2011

A Trip to the Local Zoo



We don't live in a very large town here in the States. I'm amazed that such a little town can have such a wonderful zoo with such a great variety of animals. We've taken Ellie twice so far, and she just loves it! She learns a ton from it, too. Today we went to the library for a story time all about moose, and my little Ellie wowed the socks off me when she was the one to answer what a moose was and that she had seen it at the zoo. I was thinking she wouldn't know what it was! So, yay for our local zoo! Here are some of the pictures from our first trip to the zoo. The pictures are not in any order.


Ellie with the donkey in the "petting zoo" part of the zoo.

Ellie and I posing across from a cage of crazy monkeys.


A buffalo


A family picture


A kangaroo. Even though we have seen kangaroos in Australia, I still think it's pretty wonderful that our little zoo has them, too.


An otter.


A large tortoise.


Black swans that will bite you if you get too close.


Ellie, the kangaroo


 Ellie and one of the zebras


After re-reading this post, I realized that I didn't post pictures of some of the larger animals. Ellie also saw tigers, bears, an eagle, llamas, moose, baboons, and other animals I can't think of right now. Seriously, it's an impressive zoo.

1 comment:

Charlotte and John said...

First of all, a buffalo is a large animal. Second of all, I never knew there was such a thing as a black swan - thanks for teaching me. And third, Ellie makes an ADORABLE kangaroo. Love you guys!