Wednesday, September 7, 2011

300, Frangipanis, and Dad's arrival


As I was signing in right now to do this blog post, I realized that this is my 300th post... 300 in about 3 years. I'm alright with that. :)

As you have probably noticed, I am a bit behind in my posting, but I am determined to catch up before our little arrival is here. I want to be able to post up-to-date pictures of our family of four!

In early July my dad came to visit us in the Solomons. We were very excited about his arrival. A few hours before he came, my in-laws came over with my favorite flower in the Solomons, the Frangipani. They had gathered some from beneath a tree and picked some, too, I think.

We made flower garlands to put on my dad when he arrived. I watched Christina do it for a bit, and then I decided I wanted to try. Ellie wanted to help, too.


Eventually everyone got involved. Ellie and Hadassah made necklaces out of beads.


It was so exciting to see my dad arrive! He's the guy in green.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems silly to say, but I am enamored with the wood floors. They are almost a beautiful as the flowers.
-C