Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving.

I know I'm super late on this Thanksgiving post, but life's been busy. I always find this dilemma when I get behind on posting. Do I post the old pictures or do I skip them and just get to where we are now? Either way, you can't skip Thanksgiving.... and we had a really special Thanksgiving this year. I was excited about it for days... so excited that I was just daydreaming about how fun it would be. I hosted it at my house... and there were twelve of us at the table. 6 adults, 6 kids 6 and under. Fun times, my friends.

The table... mom taught me that one of the first things you do when you have friends coming, is you set the table. So, while the first of three chickens was roasting in the oven, I set the table. I set it the normal way with dishes and cups put upright, and my house helper told me to flip them all over because they'd get dusty otherwise.

I printed off place mats from the Internet. Ellie colored some.


And I colored some.


We had a homemade centerpiece. :) Yes, I put a toilet paper roll on my table. And I had all the stuff so that before the meal, the kids could make their own toilet paper roll turkeys.


For the first time in my life, I roasted chicken. I thought I put on way, I mean WAAAAAAAAAAAY, too much garlic. Turns out, you could hardly taste it. I used garlic, lemon, and herbs. It was yummy. We had leftovers and made lots of chicken sandwiches.


We made a chain of things we were thankful for.


Here we are pre-feasting. I'm not in the picture, because I was taking the picture.


We even had pumpkin pie for dessert.



So much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Charlotte and John said...

Wow, what a great host you were! And you even thought of things (both fun - the TP roll turkeys - and meaningful - the thankfulness chain) to do!

Oh and always feel free to post things that happened in the past. We like posts about the past, the present and the future.

Moxie said...

Looks like a great time! Love keeping up with you and your family.

Happy Holidays,
Denita