Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Village Activities

Alright, I am going to try this again... believe it or not we have tried to post this 3 or 4 different times on different days! Grrr... so I am going to forget my creativity and just see if this works. Above is a pic of Eliana's first time in a hammock. She was so funny, she tried to roll over and Franklin had to inform her that people don't lay in hammocks on their bellies.

Below is the water hole and waterfall by our house. It has cool, fresh water, so it is perfect on a hot afternoon. I think that swimming here is my favorite thing to do in the village!

Franklin also worked on some electrical stuff in his mom's house in the village. Here is a picture of everyone watching Walk the Line (the movie about Johnny Cash.... which was nice because as kids, Franklin and his siblings used to all listen to their dad's Johnny Cash record) on our computer, thanks to Franklin's electrical work!
Other activities include "cooking" (trying to help, anyways) and learning To'abaita for me, absorbing tons of love for Ellie, and recording the man who tells the tribal stories and genealogies and catching shrimp in the river for Franklin.

Wish you all could enjoy the relaxed environment and the beauty of our village with us.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Looks like fun! I could go for a waterfall nearby!