Monday, August 20, 2012

Multi-Purpose Donuts

I made donuts a couple nights before we left for vacation. I had two reasons to make them.

1. During Ramadan everyone breaks the fast with a plate of fried and sweet foods. In our building we share plates of food. If you get food one night on one of your neighbor's plates, within a couple nights, you return it with something on it. I'm a bit shy (read lazy and untalented) when it comes to cooking Bengali food, so I make foods that I'm familiar with and others will like. Donuts work. I know they were a hit, because the next day both families told me how good they were and wanted to learn how to make them. Yay!


2. My other reason for making donuts was because it was our 100th day of homeschooling this year. So, we celebrated with donuts in the shape of 100. It's amazing to see how 100 days of fun learning has influenced this beautiful young girl. I'm so glad we are homeschooling.


Making donuts takes time, so what do I do with my kids while I'm slaving away creating yumminess?


I fence in the little one where he can see me. Then, the big one can't resist and hops in, too. :)

3 comments:

Taara said...

Love the last photo. I wish my two could be contained like that. Although, our pack and play has been packed away for a while, so if I brought it out, the novelty might be enough for a few minutes. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for 100 days of school! You are being used in a great way in her life.
-C

Susie said...

Those look great! The pics of the kids are adorable!