Saturday, October 1, 2011

Storybook Land

The only place that has been consistent throughout my whole life is my grandma's house in South Dakota. No matter where we moved as a family, each year we spent some time at Grandma's house. And, because Storybook Land is only half an hour away from Grandma's house, we also spent time at Storybook Land each year.
For Labor Day weekend this year, our family, my brother and his wife, and my dad all met at Grandma's house. We had a WONDERFUL weekend together as a family. One of the most exciting things, though, was getting to take Ellie to Storybook Land. It's so fun to share things from my childhood with Ellie.

Just a note... after uploading these pictures, I realize that it looks like it was basically Uncle Matthew and Ellie's trip to Storybook Land while being followed around by me, the photographer. In reality, though, we all went. :)

Ellie and Matthew walking along the yellow brick road as you enter the park.


As we were walking in, Matt and I were talking about things we remembered from our visits to the park as children. We both mentioned the lion water fountain. Sure enough, it's still there, even though the park has tons of new things.


I think Ellie was a bit timid at first, but then she got the idea.


 Ellie and Matthew on the carousel.


Ellie and Matthew on the balloon ride.


Ellie and Matthew riding pretend horses. :) hahaha.


 Matthew and Ellie at the petting zoo.


And finally proof that at least I was there with Matthew and Ellie. :)


No comments: