Saturday, July 24, 2010

My bookworm

Eliana loves to read and to be read to. It's so much fun! Before sleep, both for her afternoon nap and bedtime, I read a book to her. Then, while I put the railing on her bed and turn the light out, I tell her she has one minute to read by herself. She loves it... and now I catch her "reading" by herself at other times, too.
Something fun we do with reading is we have a bookswap with some good friends here. We don't have any local libraries with great children's books, and our own supply is limited, so we trade a book or two each week. It's not only fun for the little ones to see and learn about something new, but it's also nice for the mommies and daddies to have some variety, too. The book Ellie is reading in the above picture is one from our book swap.

Here's another pic of Ellie "reading".

1 comment:

suepsales said...

how sweet!! it reminds me of Cassie!! she loved to "pretend" to read. When she got older her appetite for books was huge. Maybe that is what Eliana will have. btw, do you guys need books and is it possible to send some to you??